While reading Gee's book and playing my game i had found lots of exciting things. This week i had spend more time playing my game. I had learned new things . For the past weeks while playing my game i had noticed that each wrestler had a number, but i didn't pay any mind to find out what does that number meant. Well l this week i learned that the number means how strong is the wrestler. For example the higher that is the number the better the wrestler is. Batista is # 95 which is a higher # and he is my favorite, He knows lots of move and that's the reason that he has a higher #. Also this week i had discovered a new move that i never had done before. This move is called knee pointer and another move called staback these moves are complicated to do. Since learning the game i was not able to do a perfect move until this week. It took me a while to practice and finally do it. I still have difficulty doing it sometimes. Another thing that i had learned this week is that each wrestler has a signature move which is a special thing that only that specific wrestler could do. For example a wrestler who name is The under taker who # is 95 he is a good wrestler to choose because his special move is called tomb stone, which this move only he could do it.
My game require lots of close attention because there are certain moves that you could do at certain time, because of this, you could loose your fight. When you are fighting you really need to know the moves because you could loose. A bad thing about my game is the act of violence. I had spoken to my son about the violence of the game and the consequences that could happen if he try to do any of this wrestler move at school or with a friend. But does every parent do the same thing? Reality is that these move in real life could kill someone.
" Normal children respect their parents" stated by James Paul Gee. I strongly agree with this because as a parent and educators is our responsibility to teach our children and most important children need to understand the consequences for not having a good behavior.
While playing this game, I had explain to my son that we fight through the game using wrestler but in real life he's not allow to do any of the move either imitate a wrestler at all. I also explain to my son that throughout the game it looks funny but in real life is dangerous.
"Video games have an unmat potential to create complexity by letting people experience the world from different perspective" stated by Paul Gee. When i read this, i came to the conclusion that is so true , because thorough games we are learning and being expose to variety of things that could be good and positive or bad and negative. Most of the things that we see and find in games happen in real life or it could happen anytime. One big example is my game, wresteling, it happen in real life. You watch it on television and you even go to events and see all this fights, as it occurs in the game. While learning my game I'm having the experience to see it in different perspective as a parent and as an Educator. I could said so far that my opinion on the violence on this game is the same. We need to teach our children about violence and the consequences.
"Good learners more quickly and efficiently toward their goal" stated by Paul Gee. I consider myself a good player because when i set goals i like to put all my effort and meet those goals. As a good learner that i am, and as a parent and educator. I always said that it doesn't matter all the efforts and all the struggling that i need to go thru i always keep trying until i meet those goals. I think that as a player, i mean as a good player we should set goals for our games and try to accomplished those goals. Researching and asking other people it also helps you when you are trying to learn a game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How do you learn the signature moves? Did you do a tutorial, does the game prompt you to teach it to you? I find alot of these games assume you know how to do things.
Or are we too old to just "go with the flow" and figure it out as we play.
I found that it wasn't until I cheated (asked kids, got cheat codes or did the tutorial) did I know what to do. Unlike school, where teacher "explain" what we're going to do first, then we do it.
What do you think?
What do you do with the controllers when you are wrestling? Are you spinning them?
I only have experience with Wii sports and the Carnaval game.
I found the running was very difficult using the controller and the nun chuck.
I'm curious to know the actual moves you have to do since you said you you were sore in the beginning, particularly with those "signature" moves that are really difficult.
I would think that gross and fine motor skills are crucial in that game!
Hi Laurece most of the signature moves i had learned it thru my son and my brother. Yes they are very hard.You arms get tired after swinging your arm so much. Also pressing the buttons and the control has to be moved up and down. Depends on the move. But i'm still learning because most of these moves has to be done fast if not you would loose. I'm still kind of slow at some of them. Yes the game have instruction that teach you how to do these moves, but sometimes is hard to understand the instruction. I do both read and ask my son and my brother. Yes fine motors skills is require a lot on this game. You really are tired after couples of fight. Especially if you are not used to play these types of games it makes it harder.
Do you think that your game can be used in gym classes in schools? Honestly, listening to you and how challenging your game is, I can't even imagine playing it. That's because my hand-eye coordination is not was a modern child's is. I could barely master pac man as a kid. The Wii is SOOOOO difficult for me!
Do you think that most kids would like the Wii? Do you think the Wii makes video games more interesting to the athletic kid? By the same token, do you think the Wii makes non athletic kids more athletic?
I think that if The Wii syste keep so advanced why not used for some type of aerobic or some type of gym class.I think that it would be more interested it would call the attention. I think that wii it will be more interesting to kids that like gross motors. Because someone lazy would not be able to play for a long time. So yeah maybe athletic kids might be more interesting in Wii.
Post a Comment